My Photo
Name:
Location: Bath, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

I still can’t sleep properly and my eye baggage grows ever more luxurious. I realise that the pop-psych explanation would be that the longer one goes without sleeping properly, the more anxious one becomes about it and the more anxious one is the less likely you are to get any sleep. One then starts to think of oneself as an insomniac and then once you’re one of those; of course you can’t sleep. What kind of insomniac gets a good night’s sleep and awakes feeling refreshed? I did have one of those nights once and I suddenly realised that there was a whole level of consciousness that existed above the one I usually shuffle around in.

Of course I do get some sleep and I do function, so it can’t be that bad. I got a few hours last night (with many bouts of wakefulness) which was filled with extremely odd dreams. The kind that you wake from feeling thoroughly confused. Why did I dream of someone I haven’t given even a passing consideration to since I left school 16 years ago? And why had she developed cheek whiskers? The brain is mystery.

I’m assuming that part of my problem is this rather stressful year. It’s been a nasty one so far and added to that, I now I have about 10,000 words to write before the end of the semester and should probably have got going some time ago. As you will now be aware, I have procrastination tendencies and I always think that every word printed will be laughed of campus. I have a theory that at the end of term, I shall suddenly relax so violently that I shall slip into a coma for a good 3 weeks. Upon waking I shall be a new woman who can actually remember what her name is and how to tie shoelaces. I’ll have energy, coordination and the ability to speak whole sentences without having to stop halfway through to recap and work out what I was trying to say.

Which will be nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear lebar,

After recent (jelly bean and olive- induced) musings concerning the consumption of delicious strong Cheddar cheese, I would like to bring the following (posted in today's Guardian) to your attention, and remind you of the 'connectedness of stuff'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1470169,00.html#article_continue

I like your blog. It makes me giggle.


love Izzer

8:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Barretts of Bath and their blogs....three very talented woman giving the Brontes a run for their money in centurys to come no doubt! I apologise for the lact pf punctuation but I'm temping and have a dodgy keyboard!

Yours a faithful reader in London

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home